We all know life gets busy. It can be a real juggle balancing a personal life, a career life, being a Mum and finding that little bit of ‘me time’, but it can be done!
Start setting goals for yourself to achieve each day – but be realistic with them. You can only do so much in a day so don’t put too much pressure on yourself and be sure to set ‘specific’ goals that will make a difference.
Self-care shouldn’t be neglected. I like to start my day with the right mindset. A 20-minute morning Yoga or Pilates routine is how I like to get ready for the day ahead. Yoga develops inner awareness, it helps develop breath and strength of mind and body.
Best thing of all is that you can set up your yoga mat anywhere. No gym membership necessary!
Here a few of my basic essentials that do the trick in making me look and feel at my best, particularly on those crazy, busy days:
- Nad’s Facial Wand Eyebrow Shaper – My favourite little beauty tool for keeping my bold brows on-trend no matter where I may be in the world.
- Victoria’s Secret Scandalous Mist – This fragrance is oh so sweet and pretty. A little spray in the middle of the day is the perfect pick me up.
- iPhone – Who can live without one? There are so many uses but one of the most simple but useful apps for me would have to be ‘notes’. Yes, not that exciting I know, although I do find it to be one of my most frequently used apps – ideal for noting down new ideas that come to mind and my daily priority checklists/ or to do’s.
- Mac Nude Lippy – A quick touch up just before a meeting or luncheon gives me that extra little boost of confidence.
- Nad’s Bikini & Underarm Wax Strips – My go-to quick fix strips for those awkward moments when you notice those pesky underarm hairs sprouting out when wearing your favourite summer dress!
- The Right Fuel – Get organised. I like to prep my food the night before the start of the working week, so I don’t have to worry about it for the rest of the week! Be conscious of what you eat and drink, but don’t overthink it. Minimise processed foods, go fresh and opt for water as your go-to drink. You’ll feel better for it, trust me!
Be conscious of what you eat and drink, but don’t overthink it...Some of Nat’s favourite weekly grocery buys include:
- Tahini which is a healthier alternative to peanut butter. It’s so good on toasted brown or gluten free bread for breakfast!
- Simple salad ingredients for a fresh, easy lunch such as: spinach leaves, baby tomatoes, carrots, red onion with chilli tuna and a dash of balsamic vinegar and Greek yoghurt mixed with raw muesli and fresh fruits.
- Bananas, apples or strawberries with a dollop of honey is always a satisfying afternoon treat.